The Road to Alpha, Week 14 - Intermezzo & Design Goals
Discussion on /r/CityboundSupport Citybound on
Experiencing temperature-related difficulties...
What I did
Started Integration of the new road system with existing systems
- Procedural buildings already work with the new roads,but building shapes don't nicely adapt to curves yet
- Started rewriting the traffic simulation, the code will be much cleaner thanks to the simpler architecture of the new road system, perhaps even performance will be better
Thought about realism and fun, the two main design goals in more concrete detail
- "easy to learn, hard to master" will be achieved by making citizens forgiving when it comes to basic needs but hard to get completely satisfied.
- The player should always be able to control difficulty by choosing their own set of challenges without constant fear of dramatic failure.
- Easier said than done, but good to keep in mind
What I will probably do next
- Continue integrating the traffic simulation and the new road system